Happy summer book dragons!!!
This shouldn’t really be called my summer tbr- it’s more of a list of books that I should read and hopefully will. The problem is that I can’t stick rigidly to any form of tbr because I’m a 100%, signed and certified, mood reader and if I don’t feel like reading a book, I won’t. I think the only thing that would make me follow my tbr is one of those unbreakable vows from Harry Potter but, sadly, they don’t actually exist (or do they?).
I’m one of those people who randomly sees a book in a bookshop, library or online and says, “Oooooh that looks interesting, I’m going to read that!” and conveniently forgets about all of the other books they were planning on reading.
A while ago I did a Top Five Wednesday post about books I wanted to read in spring and I read precisely two of those five books during spring.
However I do have a few arcs I need to read before they are released in autumn and I have books I want to read for the Popsugar reading challenge so I will try my best to stick to this!
Anyway, here are my books:
(1) Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff (arc)
(2) The Beckoning Shadow by Katharyn Blair (arc)
(3) The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker
(4) The Orphanage of the Gods by Helena Coggan
(5) Red Sister by Mark Lawrence
(6) Tiger Queen by Anne Sullivan (arc)
(7) The Never-Tilting World by Rin Chupeco (arc)
(8) The Girl the Sea Gave Back by Adrienne Young (arc)
(9) Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
(10) Song of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury
What’s on your summer tbr? Let me know on the comments!