Hi, hello and welcome to my monthly wrap-up for July!
I have read and blogged much, much less than I wanted to this month, mainly because for some reason it took me ages to read Darkdawn and I have been quite busy. However, I feel like my reading is picking up again and I hope to read loads this August- especially because I am co-hosting the RetellingAThon.
What I am reading:
The Orphanage of Gods by Helena Coggan
What I plan to read next:
The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker
Books I’ve Read:
(1) The Beckoning Shadow by Katharyn Blair:
- 3.5 stars
- It was an alright book that was basically about cage-fighting X-men. I liked learning about the different powers and unraveling the mysteries.
(2) Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff:
- 4.5 Stars
- It was the conclusion to one of my favourite series and while I loved it, I was slightly dissapointed with the ending.
(3) The Resurrecionist of Caligo by Wendy Trimboli and Alicia Zaloga
- I have no idea what to rate this one!
- A very weird book about murder, magic and medieval medecine. I still need time to mull over it!
Books I’ve Reviewed:
- King of Scars| 4 stars
- The Beckoning Shadow| 3.5 stars
- The Merciful Crow| 4 stars
- Queen of Ruin | 3 stars
My favourite post of the month:
My post with all of the details about the RetellingAThon because I am really excited to co-host it this August!
That’s all the reading and blogging of July wrapped up! What was your bookish month like? Let me know in the comments!