Hello bookworms! August is over and that means that the #RetellingAThon is over too. Thank you so much to everyone who participated and a very special thanks to the hosts Tay and Missy from Frayed Books and my fellow co-hosts Harker from The Hermit Librarian and Jennifer from Bibliolater. I’ve never co-hosted a readathon before but you made it a fun and exciting experience for me!
I ended up reading 6 books for the readathon, completing 5/25 challenges and reading 2,027 pages! To be fair, doing five challenges is rather pitiful but I had a lot of other arcs I had to read this month and I couldn’t fit any more in!
I hosted and mainly participated in Fairy Tale week and here was my tbr for the week:
And here are the books I actually read:
I decided to read two books for mythology week because I’d been wanting to read them for a long time and never got round to it.
- The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker (a retelling of The Iliad): 4 stars
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (a retelling of The Iliad): 3.5 stars
I managed to read three out of the seven books on my tbr and one other retelling that wasn’t on my tbr. Weirdly enough, all these books start with ‘S’!
- Song of Sorrow by Amanda Allen (a retelling of Rapunzel): 3 stars
- Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce (a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood): 3.5 stars
- Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik (a retelling of Rumplestiltskin): 5 stars
- Shadow Frost by Coco Ma (a slight retelling of Snow White): 4 stars
So that’s my progress during the readathon! It was fun and I hope to do another soon!