Hello my booksicles!
Today is my one year blogoversary! That means I’ve officially been book blogging for a whole, entire YEAR and what a year it’s been! My precious blog baby is one year old and I feel so proud of how far it has come. This time last year, I was full of trepidation. I had no idea what I was doing or what to expect or whether anyone would bother reading my posts. All I knew was that I was going to give it my all and hope for the best. This time last year, I took the plunge and posted my first post titled, ‘Welcome to Sereadipity!‘ and I’m so very glad I did.
So, this post is partly for celebration, partly for setting goals for the blogging year ahead but mostly for saying thank you.
Thank you to everyone who has supported and encouraged Sereadipity, to everyone who has followed, liked, commented on or even just read one of my posts. I can’t properly convey the extent of my appreciation in words. Thank you to all the lovely bookish people I have connected with this year- you have made my blogging experience such a joy. The book community has been so wholesome and welcoming and it’s wonderful to see so many people out there who share a passion for reading. I remember a time when I didn’t know a single person who loved books as much as me and now I know hundreds. This blog, these words, would mean nothing without you. My gratitude is as boundless as the stars for every one of you.
- 1 year
- 616 blog followers
- 133 posts
- 75,000 words
- 58 book reviews
- 392 Twitter followers
- 1,225 Goodreads friends
The Best Bits:
- I know arcs don’t determine a blogger’s worth but it’s still exciting and rewarding to receive, read and review them! When I received my first digital arc I was over the moon but I was thrilled beyond belief when I received my first physical review copy of a book (it was The Demon World by Sally Green). Some of my favourite review copies I’ve received this year are Descendant of the Crane, The Dragon Republic, Below, Darkdawn, The Beautiful and Kingdom of Souls!
- I’ve gotten onto the mailing lists of two much-loved publishers of mine.
- I’ve interviewed some lovely authors like Rin Chupeco and Coco Ma.
- I co-hosted the Retelling-A-Thon readathon with three other amazing book bloggers, which was a lot of fun.
- Technically not blog related but I MET JAY KRISTOFF *high-pitched shrieking*.
- I’ve participated in 7 blog tours!
- I created the Bookish Adventure Book Tag!
- I hosted The Book Character Awards!
- I beta read an absolutely amazingly mind-blowing manuscript.
- I was a part of this NBC news article where I mentioned my thoughts on diversity in The Beautiful.
- But honestly? My main highlight has been making it through this year. It wasn’t always easy, there have been highs and low, but I’m still here and I’m still blogging and I feel like that’s a remarkable feat in itself.
- Next year, I definitely need to request less arcs! I made the classic newbie blogger mistake of requesting more than I can manage and I want to have time to read other books as well.
- I want to write more discussion posts, I like writing them and I don’t do it enough.
- I would like to do more interviews, guest posts and general collaborations with other bloggers. If anyone has any collaborative posting ideas… send me an email!
- I need to blog more consistently, I started of really well and then it went a bit awry later on in the year.
- And I need to continue to enjoy blogging and sharing my all-encompassing passion for books with others!
- My post on Valentine’s day about roses and slavery.
- My 100th post about my reading journey.
- This discussion post on anti-heroes.
- This Top Ten Tuesday about things I’ve done for the love of books!
- This post where I give book recommedations based on Hogwarts house.
This has been a wild, amazing, beautiful, crazy year and I’m excited for the year ahead, so for the last time:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEREADIPITY!
…and on that note, I’m signing off to snuggle up and watch The Witcher!